Saturday 2 January 2010

The Countdown

Well ......New Year's Eve was eventful and not in a good way.  The night started off really well back at the apartment, lots of drink, chat and music but this changed when we arrived at the club.  It was a pretty impressive club, very big and as promised a good sound system, lasers, good tunes and ofcourse a huge glitter ball were delivered on the night. However, it was so crowded that you couldn't even move on the stairs - furthermore this factor mixed with alcohol caused some people to get aggressive and want to start fights for no reason - yes I did get my head bashed against a wall, but it was due to a knock on effect, I wasn't the target, but still it pissed me off! Another guy started on my boyfriend who was trying to protect me after being squashed between so many bodies that I couldn't breathe - testosterone levels were high that night.
On a more positive note the countdown in the main room was great, everyone's eyes fixed to the countdown clock on a big screen waiting for it click into 0:00; with a backdrop of techno music the tension in the room was really high.  As it got nearer to reaching midnight, people started cheering and getting increasingly excited and whether you wanted it or not would hug you and introduce themselves - most of the people I met seemed to be from America. 
We actually left really early around 1.30am which for me has to be a record but the final straw was a French guy not taking no for an answer and physically trying to force his tongue in my mouth - idiot! Or was the last straw, someone puking on/near my foot? Anyway, I much preferred eating sushi and drinking clam miso soup down the street and having a nice conversation with my friends.....CONCLUSION: I think I'm too old for clubs now, the novelty has worn off.

No comments:

Post a Comment