Saturday 12 December 2009

Back to work....

After being off work for two weeks with acute back pain I had my first day back at work yesterday. It wasn't as painful as I thought it would be- phew, plus the belt is really helping (yes I am currently wearing a support belt - sexy).   I have another busy day today and lots of children's classes so i'm a bit worried - eek.  I have had to cancel going to Aomori prefecture which is in the north of Honshu island as I don't think sitting in a hot spring for a long time is good for my back.  The shops are filled with Christmas decorations and they even play Christmas songs in the department stores yet not many people actually buy a tree for their home, decorate or buy each other presents.  The big celebration here is New Year where families (usually the housewives) clean their houses from top to bottom and go out drinking with colleagues and friends in December. New Year is usually spent quietly with families and Christmas is marketed as a couple's night!! Strange! It's difficult to get a reservation on 25th Dec in Tokyo! I better go to work, I hope my 6 year old doesn't hit me too much today - will have to be strict today ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment